Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Bunny Color Brown Lenses from Klenspop~ Review [Sponsored]

 Introducing a new shop I've been invited to try out called Klenspop.
Klenspop is a lens seller located in Korea, this actually the first lens shop I've tried with lenses originating from Korea. The shop is organized very cleanly and is very easy to navigate so you can find the type of lenses that you are looking for simply and without fuss.

They even have physical branches you can purchases lenses from if you are located in Korea~

The shipping for the lenses is pretty good, with an average of 1-2 weeks if you're in North America. They actually deliver to many places which is great! [They have a list of places they ship out to here]
 First thing's first~ The packaging is so cute! I was perusing other reviews and there's different box designs you can receive, and I'm seriously infatuated. If you've been on my blog for a bit, you know I'm a total sucker for cute and well organized packaging. Bonus points to lens shops that have information guides for new lens wearers, it gives those who are new to contacts in general a better idea on care and application.
 To make sure you see the guide, it's helpfully located on the box~ and instructs you on how to put in the lens, adjust it, and even remove the lenses. Perfect and simple diagram.
 With the lenses, you get a lens case and even these plastic tweezers[?] that I've seen before but never used because I've never had them come complimentary before and never felt the need to buy one. But oh my gosh, if you have long nails like me, it makes fishing out lenses from the case so much easier. Plus I don't have to worry about scooping out a lens and accidentally ripping it with my nail.
 So, firstly, here are the stats of Bunny Color Brown circle lenses
Brand: LENSPOP
Diameter: 14mm
Graphic Diameter: 13.8mm
Water Content: 38%
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Life Span: 1 year disposal
Country of origin: South Korea
 The Bunny Color Brown Lenses have a natural pattern that has multiple layers of  brown that blend very well into my brown eyes and further intensifies it's colour. It does have a bit of pixelization  if you look close enough, but I kind of like it, it makes the lens look less harsh at a normal view point.
Up close photo, so you can see the detail of the lens pattern and the slight pixelatation near the edge of the lens.
Here is an up close comparison shot of the lenses in different lighting. I was quite shocked with how consistent the lenses looked in colour and depth on my eyes in all the different lighting, usually flash+lenses looks pretty fake but this time around the lenses still looked relatively natural which was a pretty nice surprise!  
The lenses are kind of my obsession right now since they are on the warmer side, [I've been wearing them all week, even in last week's blog post] I guess a good contrast would be Princess Almond Brown lenses, which I do like but I find them too cool to blend in seamlessly on me, and because of the more neutral-cool brown they make my eyes look darker. With warmer toned lenses they do make eyes seem brighter, and if I am totally biased I think look livelier because it's a pretty nice combination with my hair colour.
 The lenses are 14.0 in diameter, which isn't as 'dolly' as most of my lenses, but it does mean I can easily wear them without makeup and I get that boost of colour and definition without looking like an alien. Yet with my full makeup on, I still get that appeal of wearing circle lenses, just not as enlarging. So it's a good size for people who like that natural look or who are beginners just starting to experiment with circle lenses.
I've actually been wearing these lenses daily because they're just as comfortable as my 1 day disposable lenses, plus it kind of gives me a personal confidence boost, like I feel like I'm putting effort even at 8 am at the gym.. The lenses aren't drying in the least, and I've been able to comfortably wear them 6-8 hours, and this is even after having a bout of super dry eyes about a month ago, and in that period I wasn't able to wear contacts for almost a full month because my doctor put me on eye medication [btw, this wasn't caused by me wearing circle lenses, I've been apparently sleeping with my eyes open for awhile now], but since then, I've been having problems wearing some of my older lenses for even 4 hours, but I've been pretty comfy in these lenses for a good deal of time, even without using re-wetting drops to hydrate my eyes.
Oh, also I know some of you are curious if a 14.0 lens still gives off a halo effect, if you don't know what that is, it's when some of the white of the eye is a bit visible under the coloured part of the lens, and it gives off this gorgeous ethereal halo effect, some might not like it, but I absolutely adore it when my lenses have that, and these lenses have a slight baby halo when I look to the side, and it's adorable. It might not be extremely pronounced, but it's enough to satisfy me. 

Honestly, I'm a convert and I am kind of loving 14.0 lenses right now~ Maybe cause of all the no makeup gym days I have lately, so I kind of need more natural lenses, but they really are naturally pretty and maybe I just needed some kind of natural lens to play around with and figure out they're pretty darn nice! Especially since I've never tried out a pair before~

So~ I'll give the lenses 
5/5 for comfort
5/5 for design [but if you're into lenses purely for enlargement, these ones might not be for you since the diameter is on the low end.]
Thanks Klenspop for the opportunity and for introducing me to your site, it's been a pleasure and I'll for sure be a return customer.
<3CarisseIris

5 comments:

  1. Aww your hairstyle is so cute in this post! The lenses looks amazing due to the enlargement :)

    Jessie @ bijou-heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have these lenses too from klenspop! I also reviewed them on my tumblr+blogspot. Im so in love with them 😍!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I wish I had brown eyes like you sometimes so I could wear lenses like those. They look super cute and are absolutely adorable on you! Would you consider doing a how-to on the eye-makeup from this post? :x I really like it! <3

    Also, I recently did a post on my own blog about the "Fall with... tag" and I'd like to tag you as well ^_^ You find the questions to answer in this post: http://beautywithlucy.blogspot.dk/2015/06/fall-with-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy, I think it's worth trying these lenses even if you don't have brown eyes! My opinion might not count, because my eyes are green with a brown inner ring, but these blend really well with my eyes as well! I'm in love! <3

      There are also LOADS of reviews of these lenses on the product page, so you might be able to find pictures of someone else with your eye colour wearing them. :)

      Delete