Monday, December 10, 2012

Straight Fringe Tutorial

 Wow, so many people are curious about my fringe! Who would have thunk!?
Well, I decided to let it grow out so I can show you how I cut my bangs~

What you will need:
 Comb
Sharp scissors, if you have dull scissors it may lead your hair to breakage~ the sharper the better!

OR!
 Fringe guide clip [bought at my local Japanese market]
Layering scissors/thinning scissors [also bought at my local Japanese market]
Comb

Optional:
 Hair tie
Clips
 First step will be to section your front strands for your fringe.
Starting at your temples create a triangle shape that meets in the middle. Please use your own discretion  on how deep you want your fringe to go. Mine is roughly one inch in..
 Personally, I like to clip the rest of my hair back so I won't snip any of the wrong pieces and also tying my hair back to keep from more hair getting in my way and in my face...

I will start with the basic scissor and comb method.

 Take your comb and comb it through your hair keeping the distribution as even as possible.
Make sure your comb is completely even and lateral.


Work in small sections and compare where you cut from a few hairs from the previous section.


 ^^ like so... so bring in a small chunk from the previous section onto the brush and use them as a measuring point for the other hairs....
 Also, please cut in a diagonal like so. It'll keep your bangs looking wispy and less harsh and thick/blunt at the edges.
 Ooh~ Nice straight fringe, compared to the left side which is hasn't been cut.
[you may need to go at a few hair wisps if you've missed any]

Next method  is the fringe clipping aid.
 Unhook the clip and spread your hair evenly into the teeth.
 Lock the clip and slide it to where you want to start clipping and make sure that your clip is straight.

[please use scissors and cut diagonally like in the previous example.]
 Then, you can go in with the thinning scissors and thin out the bang tips, for more movement.
 ^^ like so~
 No matter what method you use, you should end up with a nice straight fringe.
ALSO

Please under estimate! It's much better to cut less hair and even it out or cut slightly higher from there..
If you cut too high or too much there's not much you can do about it!
So please use caution!

Also, mind that practice makes perfect.

 I like to curl my bangs and slightly tease them for more volume and to make them look heavy to frame my face well~
And instantly, my face is framed and looks younger and smaller.
[Also, much neater;;]
I love my fringe, maybe you should try it too?
Once you get the hang of it, it's not too hard~

[Circle Lenses from Angel Contacts~]


<3CarisseIris

11 comments:

  1. I need to get my hands on that fringe guide clip! I didn't even know such a thing existed! Do you think I could find that at any local beauty store or is it an Asian thing?

    ~Meggo
    http://thesedriftingthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no clue, but I did find some on ebay here
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Super-Skinny-Small-BANANA-CLIP-CLIPS-FOR-THIN-HAIR-Bang-Cut-Clip-/330782131651?pt=US_Hair_Accessories&hash=item4d0426c5c3

    Yeah~
    It's super helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. Thanks!

      Haha I totally just bought it. This will definitely make cutting my own bangs easier.

      ~Meggo
      http://thesedriftingthoughts.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    2. It makes the process much faster especially if your in a hurry and you are like, 'AH MY BANGS, THEY'RE TOO LONG BUT I HAVE TO LEAVE, LIKE, NOW!'....
      I just snap it on and cut, and it's done and I'm out the door not even 1 minute later...
      <3<3<3<3

      Delete
  3. Omg you make me wanna get bangs again haha D: Nice tutorial! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah!!! I really like you fringe-less after I got used to it!
      But your face is so pretty, regardless of what you do it'll look gorgeous!
      Thank you~<3<3

      Delete
  4. I love your bangs, I want fringe just like that. I was actually thinking recently that I should cut my own but I was worried that I'd mess it up. Thanks for including the tutorial for us! ^_^

    http://www.cake-pie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Seriously, you never know until you try it for yourself...
      MY first try at cutting my fringe was a mess until I learned how to go methodically and not just hacking at my hair, hehe~<3
      you are welcome~~

      Delete
  5. I love your tutorial! *___* Thank you very much for sharing! <3
    I´ve never seen these pink clips before :,D Gonna search for the pink clip now xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wee I'm glad it was helpful~ Try eBay!
      <3 <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  6. Ohhh im gonna buy the fringe clipping thing!
    hopefully i find it on ebay xD

    ReplyDelete